CARDIFF LOCAL DEVELOPMENT PLAN (LDP) 2006 – 2026:
FURTHER PUBLIC CONSULTATION EVENTS ON STRATEGIC OPTIONS AND STRATEGIC SITES
You are invited to attend one of a series of additional public events taking place in June 2011 to find out more about the options for the growth of Cardiff and to play your part in helping to shape the future plans for our capital city.
Please note that these events are additional to the earlier public events which took place between 9th May and 12th May and will be of an identical format. They have been arranged in response to high levels of interest and take the events to different parts of the city.
The events will give you the chance to comment on different options for how the city may grow.
Under the LDP process, developers have put forward a number of suggested sites which they would like to build on. The Council does not endorse these sites but must assess their potential suitability. It is now for the Council to consult on possible levels of growth and possible sites to meet this growth. These events combine the consultee conferences set out in the plan’s Delivery Agreement relating to strategic options and strategic sites. This will help explain more clearly the linkages between different levels of growth and possible sites required to meet this growth
You can now take part in that process and view and comment on the different sites that have been put forward for the Council to consider as it prepares a plan for the city’s future.
These additional events take place at the following times and places:
* Monday 6th June – Radyr Comprehensive School, School Hall, 6pm – 8pm
* Tuesday 7th June – Eastern Leisure Centre, Upper Hall, 6pm- 8pm
* Wednesday 8th June – Western Leisure Centre, training room, 6pm 8pm
* Wednesday 8th June – Pontprennau Community Church Centre (upstairs) – 6pm – 8pm.
* Thursday 9th June – Eglwys Newydd Primary School, Glan-y-Nant Rd, Whitchurch 6pm – 8pm.
The events will start with an overview presentation followed by facilitated group sessions where you will be given the opportunity to feedback your comments and ask any questions.
To book your place at one of the sessions please e-mail your details to LDP@Cardiff.gov.uk or telephone the team on 029 20873461 stating the event that you would like to attend.
If you are unable to attend the events, you can still give your views during the consultation period 9th May – 10th June 2011:
· Via the Council’s website www.cardiff.gov.uk
· E-Mail your comments and views to LDP@cardiff.gov.uk
· By post, sending completed representation forms to Development Plan Team, Strategic Planning, CY1, County Hall, Atlantic Wharf, Cardiff, CF10 4UW
No related posts.